Monday, February 13, 2017

Feb 13: 5.57 miles

I wanted to run today, because it was a single-instance day.  I had a packed running bag, so I pried myself out of bed early, took the bus to work, and was eventually ready to run home.  But, home from work is only four miles, and the all-time record for February 13 was 4.13 miles.  Obviously I wanted .14 more miles, but really I wanted .87 more miles, because all the charts and graphs and what not are based on whole numbers.  But then too, what I really REALLY wanted was 1.11 more miles, because that's what it would take to make February 13th not the worst cumulative 13th!

Reader, I managed it.

In fact, I ran until I noticed I had run exactly one hour, at which point I was basically home anyway.  It got me the all-time record, and also best Monday of the year to date.  Also, I'm up to the FIFTH best February on record, and -- this is pretty good -- I passed 100 miles for the year.

So, that was a pretty good five consecutive days.  I think it might be time for a rest day, though.

The Avatar ran north from Mt. Vernon on Indiana Highway 69.

No comments:

Post a Comment