Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30 -- In which some momentum is celebrated

 It was another fine weekend.  Well, it was a gloomy January weekend really, but I was happy at the end of it to have pushed the running week over 20, my once-upon-a-time "standard week."  The capper was Sunday, when I extended an already semi-aggressive run over Tillicum Crossing -- BRIDGE OF THE PEOPLE!!! -- by turning left once back across the river and running down the Eastbank Esplanade.  That stretched Sunday's run to 8.54, my first eight-miler since January 10.  As in January 10, 2016.  Huah!

Today, I ran 2.82 in cotton under acrylic.  It was dreadful.  That's what I ALWAYS used to wear to run in winter, until a few years ago.  It was dreadful then, too.

I've run 5 of the last 6 days, or 9 of the last 12, which suggests that the post-snow running season is fully in session.  I beat 60 miles for the month, too, which is not bad considering how much of it was spent icebound.

No comments:

Post a Comment