Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2017 Goals





OK, time to shake off the disappointments of December and launch ourselves anew at the disappointments of January!  Like folks all over our country, I’ve spent the last couple of hours tinkering with the colorcoding and formula references on my running spreadsheets to mark the new year, and now it’s time to party.  And by “party,” I mean take a look at the forthcoming month and see which ones will have statistical prods to get me out and running!


It's kind of sad that, except for January 1, these are all goals about mitigating lousy days rather than enhancing good ones.  But then, it's winter!  And I'm in poor shape!  So, mitigating the lousy days is a reasonable thing to shoot for.

The days that need the most work line up nicely with the weekends.  You could think of that as a bad thing, since I'm pretty much going to be running on the weekends no matter what, and this setup kind of encourages me to be lazy after work.  But, again, it's winter and I'm in pretty poor shape, so! I'm pretty pleased that I've got something to potentially stretch me on the days I'm sure to be running.  It leaves plenty of room for the twice-around-the-park runs that have been my bread and butter for the November/December "reboot," which I'm still basically in.

So, I've done most of the work!  No I guess it's just a matter of doing some running!

No comments:

Post a Comment