But today, February 4, with it's measly 2.78 record and 2.78 cumulative mileage, needed to be whipped into shape. So, after work, I set out to run four miles on a loop around Benson High School, which actually turned out to be 5.01 miles. Oops! So, here's the damage:
- 5.01 is the all-time record for February 4!
- We've eliminated one of the 20 remaining sub-four days.
- February 4 has jumped from being the "worst 4th" to the 8th spot.
- It's the best mileage for a Thursday in 2016 so far.
- We're already at the 6th best February, having passed February 2010's 1 mile (a time I went out to see if my leg was still injured, and discovered it was).