Thursday, January 21, 2016

Nightrunning

Running on a weekday in winter means dealing with darkness and either putting up with or avoiding cold and rain.  That seems to give nightrunning some intangible virtue points.  Intangible virtue points are, however, one of the few things about running that I don't keep track of.  Those, and times.  I don't give a damn about my times.

Tonight I put in 4.29 miles.  My nightrunning route of choice this year is to run through the neighborhoods east of 39th past Marsha and Charlie's, and then down Clinton.  Once I pass directly south of home on Clinton, I can look at my mileage and decide how far west I want to go before cutting back.  Tonight, I wanted to beat 4.15, for two reasons.
Reason #1: My record for January 21 was 3.1 miles. 
When I started tracking daily records, I had a general goal of eventually having a running record for every day of the year.  I currently have records for 362 days, so that's pretty good.  I also had the notion that it would be cool to have a record of at least four miles for every day of the year.  By getting there on January 21, I claimed my 346th four+ mile daily record.  I'm pretty pleased with that, too.

Reason #2: 4.15 was the best Thursday run of 2016.  So, I beat that too.

With almost 54 miles for the month, I've already passed last January's 52.05 miles, so that's good, too.

My Avatar ran 4.15 miles east on Missouri Route 41, east of Marshall.



No comments:

Post a Comment